Explore the origins of Liberty City, the history of racism in the lighting and color correction of film, how to achieve intimacy through cinematography, and the devastating vulnerability of hope.
- Liberty City: From a middle-class black mecca to forgotten by Roshan Nebhrajani
- From Bittersweet Childhoods to ‘Moonlight’ by Nikole Hannah-Jones
- How Kodak’s Shirley Cards Set Photography’s Skin-Tone Standard by Mandalit del Barco
- Ava DuVernay’s Episode Of “Scandal” Starts Off With A Scream by Nichole Perkins
- Keeping ‘Insecure’ lit: HBO cinematographer Ava Berkofsky on properly lighting black faces by Xavier Harding
- ‘Moonlight’ casts a glow on Liberty City that will shine long after Oscars by Rene Rodriguez