We lay out the best real-life Las Vegas heists, debate whether or not heist movies are their own genre, and explore why Ocean’s Eleven still works almost 20 years later. Let us steal some of your time with this episode!
- BUY BONNIE’S BOOK HERE: City of Boom (It’s a thought-provoking delight! – LL)
- The BFI Companion to Crime edited by Phil Hardy
- American Film Genres: Approaches to a Critical Theory of Popular Film by Stuart Kaminsky
- The Ocean’s Effect: How the 2001 Film Changed the Heist Movie For a Generation by Kevin P. Sullivan
- The Heist Film: Stealing with Style by Daryl Lee
- How One Man Stole $500,000 From A Las Vegas Casino And Got Away With It by Wyatt Redd
- The Most Wanted Woman in America by Jonathan Lee