Episode 11: Deep Blue Sea (1999)
In an episode straight out of Bonnie’s worst nightmares (literally), we watched this god awful shark movie (or is it?). Join us as we discuss the evolution of sharks and shark movies, thalassophobia, the USS Indianapolis, why we’re afraid of sharks in the first place, and why we need to conserve them.
- Study reveals that understanding shark immunity genes could benefit human medical treatment from the Save Our Seas Foundation
- Shark DNA could help cure cancer and age-related illnesses in humans by BBC Newsbeat
- The Worst Shark Attack in History by Natasha Geiling
- Blood in the Water: The History of Shark Movies from Film School Rejects
- Sharks on Film: A Complete History by Paul Bradshaw
- Baby Sand Tiger Sharks Devour Their Siblings While Still in the Womb by Rachel Nuwer