Short Term 12 gives us a look at the troubling state of Group Homes, how we deal with and heal from trauma, when to break rules and push boundaries, and the crucial value of found family. Featuring a cast of not-yet-famous stars, this story about stories is one you can’t miss.
CW: non-graphic discussion around suicide, child abuse, sexual assault.
- As Teenagers Leave Group Homes, a Challenge Placing Those Who Remain by Lisa W. Foderaro
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Literature Review on Group Homes, last updated 2008.
- Group homes most expensive, least caring option for kids in foster care by Brittany Bartkowiak
- Giving Group Homes A 21st Century Makeover by Teresa Wiltz
- This New Federal Law Will Change Foster Care As We Know It by Teresa Wiltz