We’ve got the history of spring break. We’ve got race and privilege dynamics. We’ve got the American dream and the twistiness of metafictional storytelling. We’ve got shorts, of every color. We’ve got Scarface on repeat. Scarface, on repeat. LOOK AT ALL OUR SHIT, in this very special episode that discusses the psychedelic fever dream that is Spring Breakers.
- “Spring Breakers,” Five Years On by Philippa Snow
- Who Made Spring Break? by Pagan Kennedy
- MTV’s First Spring Break VJ Remembers What Spring Break Was Like Before Camera Phones by Louise Hart
- The Life Lessons of “Spring Breakers” by Richard Brody
- Leisure/Crime, Immaterial Labor, and the Performance of the Teenage Girl in Harmony Korine’s Spring Breakers (2012) and Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring (2013) by Maryn Wilkinson